Thought I'd share my current world views with you.
My room = my world.

Here's my view while lying on my right side. That's the side with the
sciatic pain so I don't last there very long, maybe two or three minutes tops. I like this view though because there's a cute picture of me and
loverboy on the table. It brings back happy memories when I look at it. It was taken on one of our cruises.....I was five months pregnant and happy to be on an amazing ship with my sweetheart
eating pretty much
non-stop and being able to blame it on "the baby".
The top two things I've day dreamed about in the last 6 weeks....
#1 - life just being normal again
#2 - going on a cruise

This is my most common view. Flat on my back, staring up. I like my ceiling fan because it keeps me cool. However, I've grown to dislike the texture on my ceiling. For the most part probably because I've spent more weeks than any human being should ever have to,
just staring at it. It's that awful "orange peel" finish. I'm more of a "smooth finish" kind of girl. I've also spent a fair amount of time wondering why the architect of this home felt the need to add
SOOOO many weird angles....everywhere, even on the ceiling. In spite of all it's weird angles though, I love this house. My last house was too "model home perfect". Too unlike me. This house is a work in progress, a little rough around the edges, needing constant work and upgrades. Not perfect, but warm and homey. Much more like me.

Here's the view from my left side....where I spend about 50% of my time. I like this view because I can see the swaying palm trees in the back yard and the pretty drapes my sis-in-law found on sale for me at
Anthropologie when we first moved in. I like staring out the window, especially on sunny days. I love hearing the voices of the girls wafting up from the pool while they swim and play. I love hearing
loverboy's office door close and hearing him walk towards the house in hopes that he's coming in for a quick visit. The left side is also the side HE sleeps on. So of course when he's here, it's always my favorite side to be lying on.

Here's the straight ahead view. Once in a while, I get wild and crazy and put my sore leg up on the knee of my non-sore leg. It feels good for a couple of minutes and then it hurts and I resume my normal, boring flat position. Come on, admit it. You're just a tiny bit jealous right?? Left side, right side, leg up, leg down...it's almost more excitement than the human mind can conceive. But right now it's my world....my room with its many views.
7 comments:
I had a brilliant idea the other day! You need to have a lady in the ward come over and teach you to crochet or knit or embroider!!! Then you can be doing something while you lay there and you'll feel like you're accomplishing something!!! Isn't that a fabulous idea? Think of all the scarves you can make before winter?!?!?!?!?
Ward Ladies? Any teachers available??? Laura needs you!!!
The other alternative would be for Jeff to bring in some scaffolding. Then you could paint a mural on the ceiling while laying flat on your back. Cover up that texture. It's basically a win/win.
If none of these ideas are helpful, here's my very last idea:
Have someone rent you Arrested Development Seasons 1-3. You may wet the bed from laughing so hard, but trust me...it's worth it.
-Your Favorite Youngest Sister
Sexy legs, Fat Head. :)
Lala, can we go on that cruise with you. I dream of sun for both of us, without the word spine coming up in conversation.
Emily, crocheting??? Really? That is the best you can come up with?
I do like the mural on the ceiling part though...
The mural on the ceiling would be a great idea if I had any artistic ability whatsoever. Because I'm sure rigging up scaffolding and then putting a mattress on it and then getting my crippled body up onto it would be NO TROUBLE at all!
I think I'll have to go with "Arrested Development".... I've never seen it.
Hey Laura! I found your blog off of leah's blog. Sorry to hear about all that aweful pain you're in. I love your blog, your girls are all so beautiful! Take care!
i had a LOT to catch up reading. i didn't know you wrote more often than once a month.
life sucks sometimes.
it is good other times.
you have and had many blessings from friends and family, from a mom who came all the way from somewhere to help and to show you that she loves you.
maybe it won't get better, but with yours and our prayers you will always be able to bare it up, and bless your family still.
because you don't cease to show that God loves us.
Post a Comment