Do you want the good news or the bad news first?
I personally like the get the bad over with and finish with the good. Hope that works for you.
Bad news- The epidural didn't work. At least not yet. It still could though. For now the pain seems worse. Hooray for pain management! I haven't given up hope though. I have two more injections scheduled and we know someone who got great relief after the second one. So that gives me some hope. I keep thinking I should be better so I get up and walk around and then I'm usually regretting it big time within 5 minutes. Grrrr. I'm a little cranky.
Good news- My mom is here this week. I needed her and I'm so happy she's here. It feels good to know the girls are getting some grandma lovin'. My mom and her hubby John are about to leave for 18 months to serve a church mission in the Dominican Republic and we're all going to miss them a lot. So, John's home packing up their house and she's here taking care of us and we're all very grateful she could come in spite of how crazy her life is right now. Thanks Mom!
Grandma singing the girls "bedtime songs".
More good news~ I think loverboy had a happy Father's Day in spite of the fact that his lame wife couldn't pamper him all day. I told him we'd have a "make-up" father's day when I get better. He got to have lunch in bed with me and a short nap and the girls and my Mom made him pancakes with peanut butter and syrup (his favorite) for breakfast. His Mom brought him one of his favorite desserts, sherbert ice cream in a macaroon crust, otherwise known as Mrs. Boydson's dessert. He LOVES it! So overall, I think it was a pretty happy day. The primary kids at church made all the Dad's bow ties out of packages of Skittles. They were so cute! Jeff came home from church wearing his.
The best Daddy in the world wearing his Skittles bow tie, surrounded by his greatest fans.
2 comments:
Jeff looks smokin' in his Skittles bow tie! When's your next epidural? Do they think by the time the series of epidurals is done that the pain will be diminished?
Ya, that's the idea. Sometimes they don't work at all but for some people, they completely take the pain away permanently. That's the outcome I'm hoping for! :) The next one is Thursday and then one more a week later. Wish me luck! Hope everything's good in your neck of the woods.
Post a Comment