Today while cleaning my office and doing laundry, I decided to take a little break and enjoy a little reward for all my hard work. So I went and scooped myself of an ever so tiny bowl of chocolate ice cream and sat down at the computer to browse the internet while eating my ice cream. Well, having your husband work in an office in the back yard sometimes has its disadvantages. Through my open window, I heard his office door close which meant he was headed my way. Not wanting to be caught sitting and eating ice cream while he was hard at work, I quickly stashed my bowl in the cupboard and resumed doing the laundry. He walked in, said and hello and then looked around almost as if he could sense that something was awry.
In my zeal to look busy, I forgot where I stashed the bowl and opened the cupboard right in front of him to grab some stain remover. Luckily, he's not very observant and didn't notice the bowl of ice cream with a spoon sticking out of it in the laundry detergent cupboard. I guess I must have been acting a little shifty because he stuck around for a few minutes whilst my ice cream was in the cupboard melting.
Eventually he headed back out to his office and I finished my ice cream. Maybe I need to check myself in somewhere....isn't closet ice cream eating a bad sign of something??
Suddenly I had a flashback from my teenage years of when I would be happily sitting on the couch eating a bowl of ice cream when the rumble of the garage door opening would be heard signaling the arrival of PARENTS!! One particular time in my haste to stash the evidence and still make it to the piano and quickly begin playing, I stashed the bowl in a cupboard under the t.v. and later forgot about going to do away with the evidence. I don't remember how many days went by until it was discovered but I think Brandon might have gotten the blame for it. Sorry little bro., I owe you a bowl of ice cream!!


6 comments:
Darling Blog!
Hey "Call"!
Email me when you have a chance and lets catch up on things! Your blog is awesome and it sounds like things are going really well. Lets chat. :) My new email is catzndog@yahoo.com
- Kelli
Hey Kelli- I'll drop you a line tomorrow at your new e-mail address!
You're a funny girl!
Laura, you are funny. I am not suprised Jeff could sense that something was up. He's always been good at that.
Now that is my kinda story!!!
Post a Comment