It's hard not to take life for granted when it's just going along normally. I certainly have. Who would think to be grateful for all those simple little things until they're gone or just not very simple any more? There probably are people who don't take normalcy for granted but I wasn't one of them. I'd like to think I'll never take any of these things for granted again but sadly I probably will. But hopefully not for a very, very long time.
I miss.....
going to church
standing up hugs
walking without pain
wearing shoes
luxurious showers
sitting in a chair
Saturday projects
going to the gym
walking to the mailbox
cooking dinner for my family
going on dates
walking out to loverboy's office and siting on his lap
picking up kee kees
driving (who knew I would miss it but I do)
feeling normal
dancing in the kitchen
late night frozen yogurt runs
going to the temple
independence....I miss it a lot.
going to the grocery store
peaceful sleep
helping others
the sense of accomplishment after a productive day
watching Dani ride her bike
watering my tomato plants
Six months from now if you see me trotting around taking life for granted, please smack me...HARD, REALLY HARD and remind me to be grateful for all those wonderfully normal little things in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Darn it. I hope things change for the better ASAP for you. Normal is definitely good.
knowing you as i don't, i do know you will not forget the small blessings (how can a blessing be small - by design and nature and Giver - all blessings are GRAND) i know you will not soon forget the blessings nor the Giver, even as life returns to normal
Post a Comment