Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Wow. That was romantic.

.
Tonight hubby came in and said, "I love you". Now this is not terribly uncommon. He often tells me he loves me. In fact, every day. But he's a teaser and silly and often doesn't say it with that real serious tone. So when he does, I always take note and wonder what suddenly made him say it....like that. So I asked, "Why do you love me?"

He paused a minute and then said very seriously....
"I see God in you."

My heart is melted. In a puddle. All over the floor.

It doesn't matter that he borrowed that line from a movie. Afterall, the movie was a 3 hour romantic/musical/foreign/comedy. The fact that he watched it with me was pretty awesome. The fact that he remembered and used the best line in the movie on me...even better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww... that was so sweet!

Claudia

Dave and Christine Crook said...

I can visualise this as i read it. I'm glad you have such a great husband who obviously worships the ground you walk on (even if he expresses it in his own silly way)...another thing our husband's have in common. I miss chatting with you while you rest your back on the sofa, looking forward to seeing you...sometime:-)

acte gratuit said...

Huh? What movie?????