Friday, January 23, 2009

Ahhhh...heat.

My lover boy is sleeping in the back of his truck tonight. He's on a scout campout down at the beach. Why is a man with four daughters on a scout overnighter, you may ask?!? The fact that he has four daughters is PRECISELY why he's on a scout overnighter. Sure he's going to have a horrible night's sleep, but he gets to eat one of my famous tin foil dinners cooked on the campfire, go for a surf, sit around talking with males and belching or whatever it is they do at scout campouts. He drove away in his truck loaded with treats, surfboards, sleeping bags and 4 scouts...he was glowing.

Oh, so back to the heat. Since Jeff and I have very different internal thermostats, I am usually cold while he is usually hot. The only exception to this in (almost) 17 years of marriage was when I was pregnant and we were both hot. SOOO, often when I turn the heat on, he will go turn it off. We're trying to save money so I've been very disciplined at letting myself freeze every day to keep the electricity bill down. The fact that I grew up in Utah should make me hearty enough to handle a cool winter day in California. But let's just say I'm not the girl I used to be. I'm thoroughly and completely a wimpy Californian now and I don't like being cold. BUT, I walk around most days bundled up from head to toe to stay warm in my 63 degree house (while it's 70-75 degrees outside). My fingers are ALWAYS cold and sometimes can't function because of numbness. And without Jeff's warm legs to stick my frozen toes between in bed, I may just lose a digit or two tonight.

So, with my dearly beloved away, I decided to treat myself to HEAT. Ah yes, the thermostat is all the way up to 70 and my fingers are so toasty that I decided to catch up on my blog! Oh, I'm not that extravagant...I'll turn it off before bed and pile my three comforters on top of me, drape my heating pad over my side and shiver myself to sleep to dream about tomorrow night, when my human heating pad will be home with me again.

1 comment:

FOX said...

You are too funny!! But a woman after my own heart, as I love to be warm and am a thermostat hog!! OH that darn failing economy!!!!

Take care! Have him shower before you use your human heating pad!!!!