Our goal when we travel is to find a church and attend sacrament meeting. We don't always stay for all three hours. But usually, if the meetings are in English, we try to stay.
So this week we attended church in Park City. It happened to be fast Sunday. Who fasts on vacation? Not me certainly! Afterall, we're going to church. Isn't that valiant enough?!? Well, this Sunday we decided there were some important things we needed to fast for so we ran it by the kids and being the awesome girls they are, they agreed. To fast. On vacation. Wow.
After sacrament, tons of visitors started to leave the building and even though we had decided to stay for all three hours, my oh so weak self wondered if we couldn't maybe leave as well. Luckily, we decided against it and stayed.
I believe Heavenly Father blesses us when we're trying to do what's right even if it's something little like staying for all our church meetings. Well Sunday, he blessed us. I went to Relief Society (which I never do because I serve in Young Women and I always go to YW even when we're traveling because I love being with the YW). Anywho, a woman bore her testimony on prayer and it was SO touching. The spirit was so strong and touched me deeply. I was so grateful that we had stayed and that I was able to hear that touching testimony.
We received another little blessing as we left the church building and met Sister Mary Cook (1st Counselor of the General Young Women Presidency of the church). She was amazing! She stood and talked to the girls for about 20 minutes. She was so nice and down to earth and it was such a treat to meet her. It was just a cool little tender mercy that reminded me how present God's hand is in our lives and that He blesses us when we are where we're supposed to be, when we're supposed to be there.The rest of our day included:

-Cousin bonding over crumb cake and goblets of milk.
-A relaxing Sunday afternoon with no meetings and no responsibilities.
SO awesome!
-Ash doing a little photo shoot for her cousin's senior pictures.
-And the manly Mr. and I going for a leisurely walk and talking and resting on a patch of grass under the ski lifts.
It was a perfect day.




No comments:
Post a Comment