.
I'm a lucky girl. My husband works in an office in our backyard. If I'm having a rough day, in about 25 steps I can be in the arms of the man who can make all my troubles melt away. At night, when I'm in the kitchen making dinner, I can look out and see him in his office. At 5:30, I start watching to see his office lights click off and know that I will soon be getting a big hug and (much to Ash's chagrin) a yummy KISS!
Monday night when Jeff came in, he could tell I'd had a long day. With no dinner in sight, he popped some chicken nuggets in the toaster oven, whipped up a fruit smoothie and declared he was taking me out to dinner. "We can't go out to dinner, it's not in the budget AND it's family night!" I declared. (I'm one of those black and white thinkers) "We'll have family night when we get back and we'll use a coupon," he said. So, we got the kids settled with their dinner and then hopped in the car with our coupon to 'Baja Fresh'.
Upon arrival, I was past the point of no return. For those of you who don't know me or my siblings very well, that's the point when you realize you should have eaten an hour ago and you are no longer able to function, act rationally or think clearly. Something to do with our hypoglycemic mother, low blood sugar, blah, blah, blah. We can recognize it in each other and our brilliant spouses have learned to recognize and remedy it promptly (...which is very much in their best interest). My sweet husband asked me what I wanted to eat and discussed the three different coupon options. All I heard was, "wah-wah, wah-wah, wah-wah". I just stood, staring. Then he said those 8 little words that made me remember all over again why I love this man so much. He said, "do you want me to decide for you?" I mumbled a grateful "yes" and collapsed into a nearby chair.
Of course he ordered me the perfect thing. The thing that I wanted but didn't know that I wanted. The burrito that had lots of chicken and rice, but no beans and of course utilized the coupon that maximized our savings. It even had a few tortilla chips with melted cheese on the side. Yum! How did he know? And does it get any better than this??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You ARE one heck of a lucky (blessed) girl and I must say I envy you. One day in the eternities I want a guy like that!
HaHaHaHa!
I remember once in our first year of marriage, we were driving and I started getting a little cranky and irrational...Doug just drove straight to Taco Bell and ordered me a 7-Layer burrito. I marveled at how well he already knew me...!
Wow, Doug learned quickly. I always knew he was extraordinarily smart!
Post a Comment