Spring has sprung. It is still cool and crisp in the morning but the daytime temps have been 70-80 degrees. Yesterday was toasty! Kee Kees came home from school and told me, "a girl at school was wearing a shirt without ANY sleeves, not even spaghetti straps Mom, it just had a rope around the neck!" (I think it may have been a halter top)
She then said emphatically, "just because it's HOT doesn't mean you have to dress immodestly!!"
Thankfully she didn't say that to her classmate, but we're glad to know wear she stands on the matter! We're trying to teach our kids standards of modesty while emphasizing that different people have different standards and we shouldn't judge.

This little girl knows where she stands when it comes to fashion AND modesty!! (She walked out in this outfit and said proudly, "see Mom, I made it modest by putting a shirt on underneath".


4 comments:
I LOVE LOVE the outfit and the post! She has both wisdom, style and creativity. Love your post, you and Jeff but especially those special girls with their wonderful spirits.
Claudia
Amy said...
Way to go Kee Kee! She and Livi could be the modest police. Before she knew better she would ask people why they weren't modest. Kee Kee has such great examples around her, what a lucky girl. Tell her Livi misses her!!
March 21, 2010 6:49 PM
Miss you guys!
I'm scared for when she is a teenager.
Post a Comment